1953 Historical Map of Clinton County for the Ohio Sesquicentennial Observance by the Clinton County Historical Society, scanned in four sections. Back side of map has historical sites for each township, also scanned in four sections. Original is 17"x17". Transcription of historical sites for Green Township is included.
1953 Historical Map of Clinton County for the Sesquicent
ennial Observance , The Clinton County Historical Society. Front cover. Also includes Historical site listing for Vernon Township (sites 3-14), Washington Township and Wayne Township (Sites 1-2).
1953 Historical Map of Clinton County, Ohio - SE portion of county with Green Township, and parts of Union Township, Wayne Township, Clark Township, Jefferson Township and Washington Township.
1953 Historical Map of Clinton County, Site Listing for Chester Township (Sites 7-18), Clark Township, Green Township (Sites 1-6), Liberty Township (Sites 4-11), Marion Township, and Richland Township (Sites 1-5).
Green Township Historical Sites (1-6 listed above; 7-19 listed on following scanned page):
- First settler in Clinton County was Morgan Van Meter who settled on Thomas Swingley's Land in 1798. He settled on intersection of the Old Kenton's Trace and the College Township Road.
- Joseph and Rhoda Anthony, in 1800, settle on land now owned by H.D. Wright. The Anthony graves are on the farm.
- Micajah Nordyke in 1804 settled on the present Nordyke, Drake, Henderson and Penn farms.
- Stephen and Joshua Hussey settled in 1807 where they later platted the village of New Vienna.
- Site of old tile mill. South of the B & O Railroad and west of Careytown Road.
- The Indian Lot" or "Downing Lot" where, in April 1791, Timothy Downing killed one Indian and injured another to escape after being captured. On high ground overlooking a branch of Cowans Creek east of Dailey Road and south of Antioch Road. The land is now owned by A. Chandler.
- Snow Hill house, oldest remaining structure of its kind in the County. Built by Charles Harris, Snow Hill was the first tavern and guest house to achieve lasting fame in the County's history.
- Highest elevation in Clinton County (1,163 feet) near Leeka Road.
Further maps of the county and historical site listings follow:
1953 Historical Map of Clinton County, Ohio - NE portion of county with Wilson Township, Richland Township, Wayne Township, Union Township, and parts of Green Township and Liberty Township.
1953 Historical Map of Clinton County, Ohio - SW portion of county with Marion Township, Vernon Township, Washington Township, Clark Township, Jefferson Township and parts of Green Township.
1953 Historical Map of Clinton County, Ohio - NW portion of county with Vernon Township, Adams Township, Chester Township, Liberty Township, and parts of Union Township, Washington Township and Marion Township.
1953 Historical Map of Clinton County, Site Listing for Richland Township (Sites 6-13), Union Township, Vernon Township (Sites 1-2), Wayne Township (Sites 3-12) and Wilson Township.